Overseas study in United Kingdom know about United Kingdom study

The United Kingdom comprises England, Wales, Scotland (who together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland. Its long history comprises playing a major role in international affairs and in the EU, UN, and Nato. 

Britain redefined its place in the world in the twentieth century. It commanded a worldwide empire as a global power at the beginning of the century. Britain was the world’s first industrialized country. The economy of the United Kingdom is still one of the largest. We have based it on service industries rather than on manufacturing. 

Why should we study overseas in United Kingdom ?

The emergence of the UK as one of the most popular study destinations for education in the world has been rapidly growing. Amongst many reasons which prompt international students to pursue their education in the UK, one reason is that UK education equips students with unparalleled academic and professional skills and It enhances their personal development with an exciting and unforgettable cultural experience. The UK now also provides a good mix of traditional and modern campus life and educational experience. 

This will include the total cost which are :

Fees – Depending on the course you have applied and the tuition fees selected by the institute/university will vary, it can give the required tuition fees below. 

Business Courses: £5,500 – £12,000 per year 

Science and Engineering courses: £ 6,500 – £ 12,000 per year MBA: £7,000 – £16,500 per year Living Costs – In the UK the cost of living varies depending on whether you live in or outside London and on your own particular lifestyle. London city is more expensive for most of the other cities. Outside London £5,500 per year London £6,500 per year 

These include the cost of accommodation, heating, lighting, food, clothes, books and daily travel for a person for one year. 

How to apply for study in United Kingdom :

Application – The main intake at all universities in the UK offers courses in September / October. However, for some courses, some universities open admissions in January or February. 

Under Graduate: An organization known as UCAS applies for the Undergraduate course in UK universities. Being a central organization in the UK, it receives undergraduate applications and forwarding them to the respective institutions as selected on the application form. We can fill only one common UCAS application form in one academic year and you can choose a maximum of 5 different universities/courses. However, quite a few universities accept direct applications for international students. As a particular intake starting from October of the previous year until 30th June (for Non-EU students) of the year of admission, it accepts the applications. There is an administrative fee for UCAS of £15. 

Post Graduate: it requires Students to fill the respective University application forms who are applying for postgraduate studies. All intake has the same application form and there is no defined common deadline dates/period for the applications to reach the University. We recommend it to apply as early as possible especially for programs that are very competitive to gain entry or check with their International office on application deadlines. Visa – Apply for a general student visa An application form needs to be filled to apply for a general student visa. You also need to pay a £145 fee or an equivalent amount in your home country and provide the following information: 

  • passport or travel document 
  • via a letter from your UK education provider 
  • bank statements to prove you have enough money to study and live in the UK 
  • Documents required by your UK education provider when they accept you for the course 
  • biometric details (photo and fingerprint scan).

Accommodation Information

Student housing, under university-owned housing, typically has two options available to students. 

  • Catered Halls of Residence (meals provided) 
  • Self-catered Halls of Residence (meals not provided 

Private accommodation Private accommodation is Private leases apartments/houses. As an international student, you can make the most of your freedom by renting private accommodation. Sharing a flat with other students or a room in a house is the most usual type of renting private accommodation. Students, usually share the costs/bills, whereas themselves to do cooking and cleaning need. 

University/college-owned international student accommodation It provides accommodation for international students by most UK institutions. This will either have a self-catering shared house or a flat OR a room in halls of residence (either full board or self-catering). We suggest it apply for staying in University/college-owned accommodation as soon as it accepts you on your course. 

Some Major costs or expected to pay: 

    • £290-320 per month Accommodation in a hall of residence 
    • Accommodation in a self-catering hall of £160–300 per month 
    • Living in a hostel, lodgings or a bedsit £300-350 per month 
    • £160-280 per month is shared with other students while living in a flat or a house 
    • Heat and light (if it not included) £20-40 per month 
    • Food (if not included) £110-135 per month 
Close Menu