STUDY IN SWITZERLAND
Overseas study in Switzerland know about Switzerland study
Switzerland has an outstanding reputation for excellence in hospitality education. It has educated many successful hoteliers of the world in this beautiful and safe country. Switzerland shows greatness in its precise approach to detail.
The form of Government is a Parliamentary monarchy. It is a country member of the European Union and a non-confessional state, where Catholicism is the main religion.
Why should we study overseas in Switzerland ?
Switzerland prides on ownself on its high standard of publicly funded education. As a country with some natural resources, its prosperity depends on a large extent and on its brainpower. Most people continue to study even after years of compulsory education, and many take further courses throughout their lives. The education system has to deal with new challenges in the face of change in society and the world.
This will include the total cost which are :
Fees – Of the thumb, you will need between CHF 18,000 and 28,000 per year (between around Rs 6.5 to 10 lakhs) for studying in Switzerland depending on the location of the University and personal demands (This amount covers food, clothing,and health insurance.) The annual tuition fee in Swiss universities is around Rs 1,200 (Rs 44,000).
Diploma Program: CHF 8000 to 12,000 per year
Bachelor Degree: CHF 16,000 – 25,000 Per Year
Postgraduate and Masters degree courses: CHF 18,000 and 28,000 per year
Cost of living – Living expenses are estimated at between CHF 19,000 (INR 760,000) and 29,000 (INR 1,160,000) – Year (depending on the location of the university and individual demands)
How to apply for study in Switzerland :
Application – The application process time varies for all institutions, although the average process time is between 1 week – 4 weeks. Master’s degrees and research applications usually take longer to process. Visa – When you have received confirmation of acceptance by a Swiss university and now you have to show proof that you have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your studies. Apply to the police department dealing with aliens after your arrival in Switzerland to get a residence permit. Present the following documents :
- a valid passport with a visa
- Confirm that you have been accepted by Swiss University
- Guarantee of adequate financial means to support yourself during your studies (eg bank statement)
- statement concerning your address in Switzerland
- The residence permit will only be issued if we guarantee your financial means. In addition, renew the residence permit annually. It allows foreign students to work up to 15 hours a week as long as the duration of the studies is not prolonged.
- Renting Small Apartments – CHF 1,000- CHF 1,500
- Renting an Apartment- CHF 3,000- CHF 5,000 for an upmarket city apartment
- Big House – CHF 5,000 – CHF 7,000 for a large house in a more suburban setting
- Additional Requirements – Budget between CHF 300 and CHF 350 per month for electricity and gas.